Jump to the main content block


Q16. I’ve been granted a resident visa. What else do I need to do to stay in Taiwan?

  • Foreign nationals who have entered Taiwan on resident visas are required to apply for an Alien Resident Certificate (ARC) and a Re-entry Permit at local service centers of the National Immigration Agency within 15 days starting from the next day of their arrival. The length of stay is the same as the period stipulated in the ARC. 
  • Foreign nationals who have entered the ROC on visitor visas, but have been granted resident visas later, should also apply for ARCs within 15 days after the issuance of their resident visas.
Click Num